Grassroot Journalist has decided to take a new initiative for media sensitization – Neurons- Communicate the last communicator. Gulluck, a not for profit organization and Grassroot Media foundation to support the idea in execution.
There are national dailies, news channels, online portals, mobile feeders and what not from the mainstream media industry with huge claims of readership & viewer-ship, but at the end of the day the last story is fed by a stringer from the remote place somewhere in the beating heart of a restless soul. Stringers and freelance communicators of vernacular press are the actual point where the change in the society is registered first. They are the neurons.
A neuron is a nerve cell that is the basic building block of the nervous system. Neurons are similar to other cells in the human body in a number of ways, but there is one key difference between neurons and other cells. Neurons are specialized to transmit information throughout the body. Highly specialized nerve cells are responsible for communicating information in both chemical and electrical forms.
If communicators want a grassroot media for greater good, they have to re-invent the communication. Stringers and freelance communicators along with their counterparts in up-country editions of the newspapers and local cable or hyper local satellite networks are capable of being actual agent of positive change in our society. Explosion of hyper local media is there but no formal training, technological support, intellectual interactions, field refreshers or significant initiatives are to equip them for the way ahead.
NEURONS is conceived by Mr. Yashwant Vyas based on the concept of one to one interactions.
NEURONS has five main objects-
- To prepare a database of all the stringers, freelance communicators and professionals with media educators and media students.
- To help rural and semi-urban journalists and fresh media students to sharpen their edge in contemporary context.
- To chalk-out and execute sensitization workshops and follow-up programmes.
- To prepare grassroot journalist training modules for print, audio-visual, digital , mobile and other latest media platforms.
- To create online resource platform, aggregator and bulletin.
With fine minds and dedicated resource persons IT IS TO BE DONE WITHOUT MAKING NOISE.
Grassroot Media Foundation, Jaipur Team is a core part of execution.
Interested may please drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org