Applications are open from 3 August – 4 September 2015.
The Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Programme is aimed at mid-career journalists from the South Asian region.
The programme is funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and offers an opportunity to explore the range of approaches taken by the UK and the South Asian region, and then use that knowledge to direct discussions that tackle the big issues challenging the field.
It provides an informed and evidence-based context to key policy debates and mutual understanding of international positions (including an appreciation of UK approaches), supply practical experience, and encourage dialogue on the key issues.
The programme dates are 25 January – 18 March 2016, and is an eight week course based at the University of Westminster.
What does this fellowship include?
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from your country of residence to the UK
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship Programme, you must:
- Be a citizen of India or Pakistan and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying.
- Be a mid-career journalist working in the political or economic sectors in India or Pakistan
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme.
How to apply?
Applicants for this fellowship award will need to submit their application via the Chevening online application system.
Prior to applying please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English.
- Valid passport
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Please note that only documents in PDF or JPG format can be uploaded and cannot be over 5MB in size.
To apply for a Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship programme please click here .